The Professional Advocacy Association of Texas is the state’s only recognized statewide group for the lobby community. PAAT Members are well-respected lobbyists and company/association government affairs representatives who are serious about what they do and are committed to integrity and high ethical standards.
On behalf of its membership, PAAT works with the Texas Ethics Commission and the Texas State Legislature to improve understanding and compliance with the law relating to lobbying in Texas while raising the ethical bar for the lobby profession and for governmental affairs practices overall.
- Raise the ethical standards of the profession through self-regulation, participation in the regulatory process, legislation and continuing education programs.
- Address and represent the lobby community’s concerns and issues before the Legislature and regulatory agencies.
- Develop a recognized education process for association members to elevate their skills and status to Corporate America
- Serve as a responsive and credible corporate referral source for association members.
- Increase positive awareness of the lobby profession.